Daniel C. Porth CPA
Dan is a practicing certified public accountant (CPA) who has affiliated with Great Oak Financial Group in 2004 in order to expand the services he can offer his clients. He began his career in accounting in 1981 and received his professional certification as a CPA in 1983. In 1989, Dan moved to Salem and began his association with the CPA firm that is now Porth & Unrein.
Although Dan's clientele is broad-based, he focuses mainly on individuals and family-owned businesses. Over the years he has seen the need to broaden the advice he is able to provide his clients. His interests in investing and the integral role investing plays in the long-term business and personal planning led him to pursue the professional qualifications and securities registrations required to add those services to his practice.
Dan is married to Margaret and they live in West Salem.
Dan's civic, community and professional involvement, and credentials include:
- Licensed Oregon CPA
- Licensed Oregon life and health insurance agent
- Investment Advisor Representative - Cetera Advisors LLC
- Registered Principal - Cetera Advisors LLC
- Member - Optimist Club of Salem
- Member - Salem Area Chamber of Commerce
- Member - Trinity Covenant Church
- Board Member - Home Owners Association